Ride for Christ is a bicycle ride during Fall Break each year going to the GA/FL game to raise money for summer missions. It is 300 miles in 30 hours! This year marks the 17th anniversary of Ride for Christ!
- We leave Athens the morning of Thursday, October 26th and arrive in Jacksonville mid-afternoon on Friday, October 27th. While it sounds daunting to cycle so far, this promises to be one of the most memorable adventures you will ever have the opportunity to participate in! We have alumni return to ride with us each year! The ride is fully supported with food, snacks, energy drinks and water, as well as equipment for repairs en route. We caravan down together in vans and buses with riders often taking turns on a bike. We take back roads where possible, offering the safest route available. We stop every 15 – 20 miles for breaks and for riders to switch on and off. Believe it or not, some people actually ride the whole 300 miles!
- After the ride, we will stay in Jacksonville for the weekend and return to Athens Sunday afternoon.
Ways to Participate
- Participants can ride a bike, drive a support vehicle, help with food prep, be an encourager, or be a sponsor (as an individual or a business)! For more information and to register, go to our PARTICIPANTS PAGE.
- Sponsors who donate $100 or more will may have their name or logo included on the RFC event shirt. Logos or names and donation must be submitted to email@example.com by October 10th to be included on the shirt. Donors of $150 or more will receive a complimentary event shirt.
Cost to Participate
- Ride For Christ is a fundraiser for BCM collegiate missions (www.sendmenow.net). As a result, a major portion of the cost of participating goes to the collegiate summer missions fund of the Georgia Baptist Mission Board.
- All participants (riders, drivers, and encouragers) contribute at least $300.00
- This cost covers travel, food, and support on the trip to Florida. It also covers two nights at the Red Lion Hotel in Jacksonville (4 per room).
- We also encourage you to raise additional funds through securing sponsors for this event.